First Waiver Run of Week - When?

Rules proposals, discussions, and POLLS.
AlienDynasty_Joe

First Waiver Run of Week - When?

Postby AlienDynasty_Joe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm

When should the first waiver run of the week take place?

This is when you want to pick up any free agents after the weekend's games have finished. ESPN did this around 5am on Wednesday morning. This gave everyone Monday and all of Tuesday to submit choices for any free agents.

At the same time, if you didn't want to use your "waiver" to claim a player, you could wait until Wednesday morning (after the waiver run) to pick up a player simply as a Free Agent.

Given that we have a never-resetting waiver rank order. Giving up a high waiver rank is something you may not want to do. But you also may not want to wake up at 5am to get the free agent that you seek for that week.

So, we actually have a choice at MFL.

The choices I am proposing are
- Tuesday, 9pm (where everyone should still be awake)
- Wednesday, 5am (which is just like ESPN)
- Wednesday, 9am (which gives everyone Tuesday night and be ready on Wednesday morning to hop on at the same time)
- Wednesday, 12pm (likewise, but now we're all at lunch. I may even make this 12:30p)

Thoughts?

SiouxCity

Re: First Waiver Run of Week - When?

Postby SiouxCity » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm for 9 am Wednesday, but it doesn't matter much.

AlienDynasty_Joe

Postby AlienDynasty_Joe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Personally, I just would not want the Wednesday, 5am slot. Anything else is fine.

BEAVIS72

Postby BEAVIS72 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 pm

i like 9pm on tuesday
Door Matts

AlienDynasty_Joe

Postby AlienDynasty_Joe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Based on feedback, comments on GroupMe channel, and poll results, we will be setting the waiver deadline at Wednesday, 9am. At that time, the MFL website will process all waiver requests. After that time, not immediately after, all players not claimed through waivers will be eligible for acquisition through the immediate free agent pick up process. Players dropped from waivers still remain on the "waiver process" until they clear.

Return to “Rules Discussion”